Scholastic Guided Reading Programs help you meet the needs of all learners with authentic literature combined with high-quality instructional support. Choose from varied collections of books categorized by their genre and reading level to support children as they learn to read. This proven-effective approach promotes observation and assessment to help educators differentiate instruction.
What is Guided Reading?
In Guided Reading, the teacher is a critical part of helping students read increasingly challenging texts with understanding and fluency. Working with students in Guided Reading groups, teachers constant balance the difficulty of the text with support for students reading the text.
Teachers introduce the story to the group, support individuals through brief interactions while they read, and guide them in talking together afterward about the words and ideas in the text. In this way, teachers help individual readers move forward in developing a reading process.
Titles in Guided Reading programs are organized by Guided Reading levels A-Z and can be purchased in different packages to fit your classroom and budget needs.
- - Complete Guided Reading Program Set: Includes levels A to Z of a specific Guided Reading program for grades K - 6
- - Grade Level: Includes a range of four to ten Guided Reading levels
- - 6-Book Sets: Select a 6-book set from the A to Z levels to supplement your Guided Reading program (see below)
- - Each Guided Reading level includes:
- - 60 books* (10 titles; 6 copies each)
- - Teacher's Guide
- - 10 Teaching Cards with lesson ideas for each title
- - Leveling Stickers
- - Storage Bins
- *Substitutions may be made if a title is unavailable